Wednesday 23 July 2008

Red lights, what's the point

I know, as a cyclist, I am probably not in the best position to give out about people not obeying red lights, but at least when I go through them I've let the other cars go through first. On two occasions on the way to work today, cars went through the red lights about five seconds after they had gone red. I'm just lucky I wasn't about to make a break across the junction to get ahead of the traffic! And not a Garda in sight all day.

You couldn't go more than 10 metres 2 days ago without seeing a Garda when the French president was here but now that we're back to normal, they seem to be hiding again. Is it too much to ask that the Traffic Corps come out and actually do some traffic work. The way things are going, traffic lights wont matter soon and it'll be every man for himself on the roads.

Anyway, enough ranting, I promise the next entry will be about training :)

No comments: