Wednesday 23 July 2008

Cycley spin

On Monday I got home from work and felt in great humour so I decided to go out for a spin on the tri bike. Started off by climbing Howth hill. The gears weren't very happy and the whole way up was a fight between getting a nice gear to climb in and chunking between about three other gears. It was even the same on the way down! I was tempted to just bail home at that stage and cut my losses. But no, it was too nice an evening to think about giving up.

I went straight on from the bottom of Howth hill out towards Potmarnock and through to Malahide. Along by the estuary and out to the roundabout near the M1. On the stretch to the roundabout I was really tearing along, felt really strong and jus kept pushing. After the turn I kept up the pace all the way back to Malahide. Then it was in through Portmarnock where only one car pulled out in front of me!

Uneventful for the rest of the ride, made it home in 1hr 22mins. My speedo said it was nearly 43km, but I still think it's a little off. I have no idea though how Pauline managed to compete in the Beast of the East tri at the weekend with the gears in such a bad way! Oh and congrats to her for finishing in third place!

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Thanks Mike! The bike was great even if the chain fell off twice! I didn't want to give it back to you...