Sunday 9 December 2007

After a long break

Well, it's time to get back into talking about what I have been doing.


I've been a bit lax with all the training recently, seeing as I was busy for all the weekends, and recovering during the week. I have been in Scotland for paddling, Oslo for a weekend break with Louise and then went home to test out the new camper van that I bought.


I also took it down to Killarney where I was working for two days last week. It was a bit of an epic trip what with the van deciding that it definitely didn't like Kerry. It broke down on the way down there, wouldn't start properly while there, even after getting a new battery. But then since it got back to Dublin, it's been fine. It needs to go for a service to make sure that that doesn't happen again!


We had more Muster league again last night and went down in Louise's car. The roof rack decided that it liked it more off the car than on it, so we had to stop a couple of times to refix it on to the roof. Then we gave the boats to Simon and Moya (thanks guys) to bring back for us. While down there we won all three of our matches, so it was good.


Today was spent with more paddling, five of us went out and did the Glenmacnass and the Dargle. On the McNasty, Fred lost my paddle, but after some diving under the undercut, we got them back for him. Then on the Dargle, Junior decided that he wanted to suspend gravity and stop half way down the main drop! So after he swam out and we recovered his boat, we did the rest of it with no problems at all. Then it was out to Johnnie Foxes pub for some grub and a pint.


This week I have great intentions of actually going back to at least do a bit of swimming. I have been cycling to work every day so that's going well. I'm going to say that I will do two swim sessions this week. Tomorrow night and Wednesday before the christmas party. I'll have to read through the swim manual to get two sessions to do though.


Wow, that was a long update, I must make sure that I update it more regularly and then I won't need such large updates each time :)



2 comments:

Greg May said...

*sneaky peak*

Yes train you must my young padawan.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.