Saturday 27 October 2007

Training this week

I had a bit of a head cold all week, so I didn't get a whole pile of training done. I have been cycling into work every day though. It's been nice weather, dry and cold, perfect for cycling.

Today I met up with the DCU cycling club for a spin out to the Phoenix Park. There were four of us, Greg, Sean, Diarmuid and myself. I decided it would be a good day to finally try out Pauline's tri bars seeing as she left them here for me to try out almost a month and a half ago.

We went around the proposed route for the cycling intervarsities to test out what it was like. It's a nice fast 8km loop with long downhill stretches and no real killer climbs. We did 4 loops on that and then headed back to DCU. Myself and Greg decided to stop off for a coffee and we got chatting about general training for next year and the logistics of the Ironman itself.

I remembered that I got talking to a Niall from Cork about Ironmans at the Munster League a few weeks ago. He is training to become a coach and has finished a few Ironmans too. I have to mail him and see if I can get some tips from him.

Tomorrow I will be doing a river trip on the Liffey, bringing out some of the DCU canoe club. There probably won't be too much water, but we might be able to hone some of the basic skills that never really get worked on.

And before that, I am going to head over to Peter's house to help him lay some flooring. And get a beer for every hour worked :)

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: