Tuesday 2 October 2007

Gutted but happier now

The Junior championship final was yesterday. We were playing against Killeshandra, and we lost. We lost by 3 points in the end, but they were 8 points up after about 10 minutes of the second half. We fell asleep badly and were never able to recover.

So there it is for another year. We have 3 league matches left starting with Killeshandra again on Saturday night. I can only hope that they will have been celebrating all week...

After the match there were lots of discussions about what went wrong and what we can do to make things right next year, all accompanied by quite a large amount of alcoholic beverages. We got some answers but I'm not sure if we can remember everything now :)

I was back in Breffni park this evening to see the U14 team do what we weren't able to do yesterday. They beat Ballymachugh by 5 points in a really good match under floodlights. It was wet and slippy but that didn't stop either side from playing really attractive football. There was a big crowd from Blacklion there to see them, including a lot from the Junior team. I took a few photos and I'll stick them up online tomorrow.

When I was leaving Breffni, I thought the van wasn't handling the best. I was right, a quick check showed that I had a flat. So I set about trying to fix it. I have to say thanks to Brendan Corrigan who stopped and gave me a dig out, I don't think I could have gotten it changed without his help. But at least I now know how to change a tyre on the van.

Now the hard work of trying to define some goals and get a training program written out has to start.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: