Monday 25 May 2009

Toe ripping

I've had to admit that I can't continue with my burpees. On Friday night I played polo in the pool in Cabra and in the first sprint (about 30 seconds after I got on the water) I ripped a slice of skin off my little toe. I have done this regularly enough to know that I should wear booties, but this time was the worst yet. I bandaged it up and left it to rest for the night, but the next day it was still oozing blood and hadnt scabbed over at all. Then I had a match on Saturday night. We won it by one point, we are now the self proclaimed West Cavan Quadruple Crown Champions.

I'm still hobbling around on it today, it's all cleaned up and bandaged but still very sore. I enjoyed the challenge and am glad that I managed to get through half of it. The burpees themselves aren't that difficult, but trying to fit them in around other activities every day is the hard bit. If I do it again, I'll be doing it in a quieter time and not when everything is go go go.

No comments: