Wednesday 12 March 2008

New Season

Last weekend was the start of the new football league season. We played Corlough away and were beaten by two points. The match was played in strong winds, but luckily now snow! We played pretty well, but just couldn't put the ball over the bar. We had a goal disallowed aswell.
Afterwards, I cycled home. I decided that I needed to test out the new bike properly. I also wanted to use my new watch :) The cycle went well until I got to the big hill at Florencecourt. Then the gears decided that they wanted to start skipping all over the place. I made it to the top eventually after much swearing. Total time for the cycle was around 50 minutes for the 30km. I also managed to cycle through about 8 minutes of pretty bad cramping in both legs. I think I needed more water, I only had power-go-faster juice with me, which I was taking every 10 minutes.

Today I went out for a run. Close to 10km in the park. Man was it windy though! I tried to keep my heart rate around 165, but going into the wind it crept up to about 175. Legs are feeling sore now after it, just my calves that had cramped up on Sunday.
Going to go to the gym tonight with Louise for a weights session and maybe a go in the sauna too.

No comments: