Saturday 22 March 2008

More training

I had another VO2 max test on Thursday. Greg wanted to make sure that the machines he is using are calibrated properly, so guinea pig Mike came to the rescue!


I should get a cape and wear underpants on the outside of my trousers if I get to do another test :)


Afterwards, I went into town and got a new pair of runners. It's probably about time seeing as I have the previous pair for about 5 years. I did a gait analysis before hand and found out that I have a neutral stride and a heel strike. I got to try out 5 or 6 pairs of runners and eventually decided on a pair of Sauconys.


Then on Friday, I went out for a run, 12.75km according to www.gmap-pedometer.com. It took just over an hour and I took it as a recovery session. I thought I had training in the evening in Cavan, so I headed off from Dublin at about 4:30. Made it home for 7:30 and got to Loughan. Then I decided to check the message again and found it was sent on Thursday, who's the goose?


I had a match today against Kildallen in Ballyconnell. We were beaten by a point after being up 1-5 to 0-2 at half time. We just didn't get any breaks in the second half. As a team we need to work on starting the second half of matches stronger.


Tomorrow I hope to go for a nice long cycle, but I have some stuff to do around the house for Mum while I am here too



No comments: