Saturday 12 January 2008

In the Groove

This has been a good week.


I have managed two weights sessions, a swim session and a run session. Going back to the pool was daunting, not having been there in a while, but when I got into the water and got going it was fine. I cranked out a kilometre at a steady pace but there were a lot of people using the lane, so I kept catching up with them and having to slow down or try and pass them out. And then Louise decided that she wanted to headbutt me on one of the lengths :)


I went for a run at lunchtime on Wednesday. I had a nice course set out in my head, but when I started to run it, I was finishing the loop far too quickly, so I changed it a bit. That meant that I ran slightly further than I had intended, but I still managed to get back inside 40 minutes. It was a good warm up for Sunday. I am going to try and do a hill running race in Howth (details ) It's only 8.5km but there are some steep hills over there.


Off now for a MTB session somewhere in Wicklow.



2 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Mike`s!

Thanks for your posting.
Have a good weekend

Mike said...

Thanks David, nice to see some people reading this apart from me :)