Saturday 19 January 2008

Dirty roads

I don't like dirty roads. I'm just back from a short spin with Waggers and my bike is all dirty again! Ah well, it'll distract me later on from the work I have to do :)


This has been a good week. I got two weight sessions in, a run session and now this morning a mini brick session.


I went for a run on Wednesday evening and decided to try out a Fartlek style one. I went on a 10K loop and used street lights, cars, traffic lights and even counting my steps to break up the bits. I made one mistake though. Going down Ballymun Road, I decided to jog to the first traffic lights and run to the second one and so on. It wasn't until I got to about the fourth or fifth one (yes, there are lots of traffic lights on that road) that I realised I was jogging the short ones and running hard for the longer ones. Ah well, it still worked out in the end.


I had DCPL last night so that was my kind of break from the norm, we beat Kamikaze 4-3 and I scored 2 goals, yay me! :)


Today I went for a lap of the airport and out to the far side of Swords and then straight back again. On the way back I thought it might be a nice time to try out going from bike to run. We did one lap of the park and came back. So that was todays easy session, just over an hour in total.


Tomorrow there is the start of the Wheelworx Duathlon Series. A 3.2km run, 12km cycle and 3.2km run to finish it off. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be my first race using Pauline's tri bars. I'm so glad I got them for her :)



No comments: