Monday 7 January 2008

And I'm back

From snowboarding in Italy for a week. I was over in Cervinia near the Swiss border. It's a pretty good resort, no runs were too taxing or steep, but there was enough there to keep us all busy especially as it snowed heavily for 4 days.


The first day we got to ski had a beautiful clear sky and great visibility, but some of the runs were a bit bare. I lost New Years day entirely due to being sick from partying too hard the night before, but the second was snowy and the pass into Switzerland was closed. This was to be a common theme as it was closed for the rest of the week that we were there!


I learnt quite quickly how to ski through powder as deep as my knees but did manage to stop dead a few times and others to actually crash and spray powder everywhere including down my trousers.


Overall it was a great week of relaxing and taking a break from work, but as usual, I want to go back...now. I did feel the effects of the altitude a little bit, seeing as Cervinia is at 2050m and we were skiing from 3360m high.


Now it's time for bed and to read part of a book on triathlon swimming to get a few ideas on training for swimming.



No comments: