Friday 6 March 2009

Runnity run

I went for a run yesterday at lunchtime. I decided to just go and run and not to worry too much about form or pace or anything. I did a 10k loop through the Phoenix Park, a hillier one than my normal loop and there was also a headwind for most of the first half. It took a while to warm up but once I got into my stride I was felling good. Looking at the stats at the end, my HR was an average of 172 with a max of 186, average pace of 4:20/km with a max of 3:59/km. Not incredibly fast for a 10k, but it took me 44 minutes in total.

I was quite happy with it until I went to move later on in the day and my knee was sore. It was my right knee for a change. I did some stretches and after it had warmed up a little it was fine again. I must remember to warm up properly for training tonight and the match tomorrow.

No comments: