Monday 2 March 2009

The league starts again

And boy did we have a bad day!



We were playing against Munterconnaght at home and were doing alright in the first half until we let in three sucker goals. That left us 3-3 to 0-6 down at half time, not too bad, only 6 points in it. I had started at half back, but was moved to wing back after the guy I was marking scored a goal. Then the wing forward I was on scored the third one. I wasn't with the pace of the game at all. I felt lousy.
The second half was a complete transformation. I was moved to corner back and the team as a whole started to play. We levelled eventually and then went 2 points up coming near the end. Then another sloppy goal. That put them one point up and we weren't able to claw it back.



It was a frustrating and annoying afternoon. Some good play and some bad misses but it all comes down to once again letting in goals. We had a few good chances to score goals ourselves and even hit the cross bar near the end.

Next week we are away to Templeport, let's hope for a better result

No comments: