Tuesday 20 January 2009

Football has started again

Like the subject says, training for the new football season started last weekend. We had 2 sessions, one on Friday night and one on Saturday evening. Nothing too strenuous, I thought, but then again I have more of a base to work off than most of the others. I only really have to work on my football specific skills. Oh, and maybe some speed work! :)

I came back up to Dublin on Saturday night to go to the Punchestown Duathlon on Sunday but when I got to Dublin it had been snowing and the forecast was for more snow, some ice and 100km/h gusts. Not ideal racing conditions so I decided not to go out. In the end the race was turned into a 3 lap running race, so I'm glad I didn't go.

I have also been back in the pool in the last couple of weeks, just some light sessions with an emphasis on technique and long slow distance. I think I'll keep at this for another couple of weeks and then start bringing in some more pace.

We've been in the middle of a strange non-Irish cold snap recently with snow, ice and cold winds every day. I'm looking forward to getting out in it tomorrow for a run.

No comments: