Tuesday 10 June 2008

Post Race

In the days following the race, I was like a zombie. I had to force myself to eat as I was too tired to enjoy it. I was constantly drinking to replenish myself too. Then when we got back to Dublin, we had a tag rugby match to play! It went well, we won pretty easily, with the three new Ironmen doing enough to learn the rules and get some trys.

It took until about Saturday before I felt that I was recovered enough to go and do anything extra. I had a match on Sunday, just a challenge match so not too important. I made the mistake of not getting enough sleep on the Saturday night and that meant that I was dead again come Sunday evening.

Last night I was back in the gym, time to start bulking up now that the big race is over. I have 7 weeks to work on upper body strength before the first round of the championship. More tag rugby this evening and then there is an aquathlon tomorrow evening on Bull island.

No comments: